Believe In The Dream and Come Weave Dreams With Us!
Now accepting applications
We know there are many options to choose from to offer your time and service to the community. Thank you for choosing “I Have A Dream” Foundation of Boulder County! We believe effective and successful volunteer management and supervision is essentially about building relationships. It’s about supporting our volunteers, work study students, and interns with getting a handle on what they are supposed to be doing, communicating when they are doing well, and coaching them and providing direction when they need it. We appreciate our volunteers, community partners, work study students, and interns and are thankful for their commitment to supporting us with advancing our mission!
Although we appreciate the interest shown by each applicant, we cannot guarantee a position for everyone. In this case, your application will be kept active for six months should an opportunity arise that could potentially be a good fit with your experience, skills, and motivation. A team member will contact you if a position more suitable to your skills becomes available.
IHDF is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Applicants are expected to explain and demonstrate their commitment to these values.
Volunteer Intake Timeframe
- Summer Semester Volunteers: Apply February thru May to be considered for placement in June
- Fall Semester Volunteers: Apply June thru September to be considered for placement in September/October
- Spring Volunteers: Apply September thru January 15th to be considered for placement in January of the following year
Current Volunteer, Work Study & Internship Opportunities:
IMMEDIATE VOLUNTEER NEEDS:
- Volunteer Photographers and Videographers to join our pool as needed throughout the year.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES & ROLE DESCRIPTIONS YEAR-ROUND:
- Learning Partner/Tutor Role Description (elementary – high school)
- Community Program Partner Role Description (Skills Based)
- Special Event Volunteers to join our pool as needed to support us with fundraising, outreach, and other events as needed throughout the year.
WORK STUDY OPPORTUNITIES are available for eligible students who have been awarded work study through their financial aid package. All awards will be verified before a job offer is made. Roles vary depending on the institution’s requirements.
- CU Boulder Work Study for Fall:
- Learning Partner/Tutor in Literacy for 1st-3rd grade students or Math for 1st-9th graders
- Front Range Community College Work Study for Fall:
- Work Study Learning Partner Tutor working with elementary through high school students
INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES: Earn course credit for being a Learning Partner/Tutor! Must be approved by your professor or institution.
MENTOR A DREAMER SCHOLAR ONE-ON-ONE as a “Precious Mentor.” IHDF partners With A Precious Child to match Dreamer Scholars with a mentor – Learn more (you will be redirected to A Precious Child’s website). *Make sure to say you were referred from IHDF and you’d like to be matched with a Dreamer Scholar on their waitlist.