Volunteer, Work Study & Internship Information & Application
Believe In The Dream and Come Weave Dreams With Us!
Now accepting applications – see opportunities with role descriptions below.
We know there are many options to choose from to offer your time and service to the community. Thank you for choosing “I Have A Dream” Foundation of Boulder County! We believe effective and successful volunteer management and supervision is essentially about building relationships. It’s about supporting our volunteers, work study students, and interns with getting a handle on what they are supposed to be doing, communicating when they are doing well, and coaching them and providing direction when they need it. We appreciate our volunteers, work study students, and interns and are thankful for their commitment to supporting us with advancing our mission to empower youth to succeed!
Although we appreciate the interest shown by each applicant, we cannot guarantee a position for everyone. In this case, your application will be kept active for six months should an opportunity arise that could potentially be a good fit with your experience, skills, and motivation. A team member will contact you if a position more suitable to your skills becomes available.
IHDF is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Applicants are expected to be able to explain and demonstrate their commitment to these values.
Please note: IHDF uses the BVSD system for running background checks on individuals who will work directly with our students. BVSD charges a $25 fee to run the application and background check. If you require assistance with the fee, please contact the Director of Volunteers to submit a request for a waiver. Additionally, applicants will be asked to sign an Authorization for a Background Check, Media Release, Release of Liability, Code of Conduct (specific to the role), and provide proof of Covid 19 vaccinations. Please direct questions to our Director of Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Intake Timeframe
- Summer Semester Volunteers: Apply February thru May to be considered for placement in June
- Fall Semester Volunteers: Apply July thru September to be considered for placement in September/October
- Spring Volunteers: Apply September thru January 15th to be considered for placement in January of the following year
Current Volunteer, Work Study & Internship Opportunities:
IMMEDIATE NEED FOR:
- Guest Readers Needed for NEW Read Across America Initiative!
- Clean Up Crew for Central Office Clean Up: March 28th shifts available!
- Assembly & Set Up Crew for New STEAM Community Center: March 24th and March 30th shifts available!
SUMMER 2023 APPLICATION NOW OPEN FOR:
- Learning Partners/Tutors (elementary thru high school)
- Post-Secondary Learning Partners/Tutors (college and career)
- Volunteer Community Partner (Skills Based)
- Volunteer Photographers and Videographers to join our pool as needed for special events
- Micro Volunteer Opportunities: Special Event Volunteers to join our pool as needed for special events
- Work Study Opportunities are available for eligible students who have been awarded work study through their financial aid package. All awards will be verified before a job offer is made. Roles vary depending on the institution’s requirements.
- CU Boulder Work Study:
- Learning Partner/Tutor in Literacy for 1st-3rd grade students or Math for 1st-9th graders
- Front Range Community College Work Study:
- Learning Partner/Tutor working with elementary through high school students
- Post secondary Learning Partner/Tutor working with Dreamer alum
- Volunteer Department Opportunity to support the team and learn about best practices in volunteer management
- Development Department Grants Writer
- Development Department Social Media & Communications
- CU Boulder Work Study:
- Internships for Course Credit Only:
- Internships are also available to serve as a Learning Partner/Tutor for elementary thru H.S. – see description above
- Mentor a Dreamer Scholar One-on-One as a “Precious Mentor.” IHDF partners With A Precious Child to match Dreamer Scholars with a mentor – Learn more (you will be redirected to A Precious Child’s website). *Make sure to say you were referred from IHDF and you’d like to be matched with a Dreamer Scholar on their waitlist.
IHDF Disclaimer & Equal Employment Opportunity/Unlawful Harassment: Upon completion of the intake process, anything you have shared on your application and during the interview could be shared at the discretion of the staff at “I Have A Dream” Foundation with the Program Director (PD), CEO, Sr. Directors, and/or program staff if necessary. In addition, there is no guarantee of placement, nor is there a guarantee “I Have A Dream” Foundation of Boulder County will be able to assign/place/match you. During any time of the inquiry, intake process and/or your volunteer, work study, or internship experience, we reserve the right to dismiss and/or terminate candidates and individuals actively serving at any time without an explanation or reason.
You also understand The “I Have a Dream Foundation” (IHDF) organization is dedicated to the principles of diversity, equity , inclusion, and equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct, which has the purpose or effect of substantially interfering with an individual’s work performance or creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers, and non-employees such as volunteers, customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc. Any questions, concerns or complaints will be taken seriously and fully investigated.